Friday, July 24, 2009

Ade blames Arsenal fans (expected) and Sammy's leaving for Inter (also expected)

Two things HAD TO happen sometime.

1. Emmanuel Adebayor blaming Arsenal fans

Emmanuel said it was the fans that made him leave Arsenal. According to him, the fans at Emirates Stadium had turned on him in recent times and he couldn’t work out why his situation was different to that of somebody like Cesc Fabregas.

"The way the fans behaved towards me was not nice at all. I can't understand why they were after me.

"I did my best for them and I was very happy there.

"I scored 30 goals in a season - it's not my fault that Milan, Barcelona or Real Madrid wanted to sign me.

"In any summer, Barcelona try to sign Cesc Fabregas.

"But the fans never turned on him."

Well, it wasn't as if I wasn't expecting but well, there you are.

2. Samuel Eto'o leaving Barca

He has agreed terms on his transfer from Barcelona to Inter Milan. His agent, Jose Maria Mesalles, emerged from two hours of talks with Inter representatives to tell the waiting press that a deal had been agreed.



The Cameroon international is due to arrive in Milan on either Monday or Tuesday to put pen to paper.



The agent spent three days negotiating with Inter before a deal was reached which will see Eto'o switch from Barcelona while Inter's Sweden forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic joins the Spanish champions.

 That's not strange, 'cos I think Sammy was worth every penny.

As well as Eto'o, the Catalans would pay the Italians 50 million euros and allow Belarusian winger Alexander Hleb to go on a season-loan to the San Siro.



According to the Gazzetta dello Sport, Eto'o will sign a five-year deal worth between 10-10.5 million euros a year.

 The 28-year-old Eto'o, who joined the Catalan side in 2004, has a year left in his contract with Barcelona. 



He was the club's top scorer in the Spanish league last season, with 30 goals.

 Why Barca let him go is beyond me...