Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Kalou going to Arsenal (?) + Chamakh is pissed!

Today, I've more news about Africans moving to England.

Salomon Kalou

The Sun says “Arsenal are on the verge of signing Salomon Kalou from Chelsea. The Gunners have offered £6million for the 28-year-old Ivory Coast striker - but the Blues are insisting on £8m.”

Being a player who has a reputation, especially, of scoring as a sub, maybe Arsene could fashion him into a scoring monster. Well, who knows?

The Ivorian started his Eurpean career at Excelsior (Feyenoord's satellite team) and was later 'promoted' to Feyenoord itself. There, he scored 35 goals in 67 league appearances. Jose Mourinho said Kalou is "hardworking, versatile, eager to improve, and unafraid of the physical side of the game."

The Ivory Coast international has failed to establish himself in the starting XI since moving to Stamford Bridge, often used as a substitute with Didier Drogba and Nicolas Anelka the first-choice strike partnership.

As for Kalou himself, he has admitted having former Arsenal legend Thierry Henry as his mentor. He has previously said he would welcome a move to the Emirates and the opportunity to work under Arsene Wenger.

Back in February Kalou said:

"He is a very great coach and I know that every single player in the world dreams of playing for him.

"I have a lot of respect for him, he is one of the best coaches in the world.

"Arsenal are achieving huge things and watching them play is beautiful."

He has scored 20 goals in 58 appearances for the Blues. Ask me, I'll tell you that he is a good buy.

But, as unpredictable as football players are these days (even worse than the khebabs that gave me stomach ache) now he is reported to be okay with slugging it out with the Blues:

Marouane Chamakh

Now this is a man who wants to move to the Emirates and really wants it like sooo bad. Yet, his people are apparently giving him some stress.

The Moroccan has accused the French champions Bordeaux of pricing him out of a move to Arsenal, who have expressed an interest in the Morocco striker. Chamakh told L'Equipe:

"Going to Arsenal is my dream.

"I am at the end of my contract and the club want to turn this into a money issue. What the club are asking for is not fair.

"I am angry. I am even disgusted. I don't understand why people are doing this to me.

"Ever since I've played football, I've given my all for this club and for the fans. I believe I deserve more consideration."

The Bordeaux president Jean-Louis Triaud confirmed Arsenal had bid for the 25-year-old but said the London club's offer was insufficient. Reports suggest the Gunners offered in the region of £5m for the striker, who scored 13 goals in 34 Ligue 1 games last season and has scored 15 times in 50 games for his country.

Arsène Wenger is thought to be keen to bring another forward in to bolster his attacking options following the departure of Emmanuel Adebayor to Manchester City, though he has experimented with a 4-2-3-1 formation in pre-season, a tactic that if employed through the season, would lessen the need for a replacement striker.